Huang Shan, researcher of elementary education, principal of Beijing Normal University Kindergarten, the concurrent supervisor of undergraduates and graduates majoring in Preschool Education from the Faculty of Education at BNU, and a member of the Academic Committee of Educators Academy at BNU. She was elected as Beijing Municipal Prominent Teacher in 1994 and 2007 and received the National Prominent Teacher Award in 2001. She had participated in four important research projects from 1991 to 2005.
1. “Education Experiment of Children’s Harmonious Development” which was hold by Professor Feng Xiaoxia
2. The national project of “Promoting Children's Social Development” undertaken by Professor Pang Lijuan
3. “Research on Children's Dramatic Play” directed by Professor Liu Yan
4. “Learning by doing: Science Education Project” supported by the Ministry of Education
She has presided over several important research projects since 2006:
1. “Research on Reading Activities in Kindergarten”
2. “Montessori Education with Chinese Characteristics”
3. “Practical Research on Children’s Developmental Evaluation” which is the 12th Five-Year Plan Project supported by Ministry of Education
She also took charge of designing the demonstration courses of BNU-K for the IPV6 (Supportive System of Teacher Education) Program
Moreover, she is the chief editor of Children-oriented Education Research and Practice (Beijing Normal University Press) and Children’s Favorite Foods (East China Normal University Press). She has more than thirty award-winning papers. She had been to the USA, Australia, Japan and Hong Kong for exchanging and learning.